Friday, August 27, 2010

Jackie Kennedy: The Picture of Elegance & Sophistication


There is simply no one above "Jackie O" on my list of style icons and inspiration. I think, in part, it's because she reminds me of my Mama, and, more obviously, because her choices were always so timeless and yet so time-and-place appropriate. You may have gathered that classic simplicity is the name of my game-- I favor a Jackie, Audrey (whom I also adore, as previously mentioned here), or Grace over a Kate or Sienna any day of the week, but there is something especially sanguine about these photos of Jackie. Taken by friend and photographer Mark Shaw, they speak to an admirable quality she possessed that goes far beyond a strong sense of fashion. Warm and captivating and altogether human... the type of ideal our celebrity-obsessed society can aspire to. Le sigh.

Special thanks to the ladies over at The Love List for bringing these gorgeous photos to my attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment