Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Eternal Beauty


Growing up as a young woman in today's culture, it can sometimes be difficult to inculcate a sense of elegance or sophistication into your daily style. After all, we are taught that "sex sells," and a swimsuit isn't a swimsuit unless one swift breeze would violate some indecency laws. Don't get me wrong-- I'm no prude. I love a killer pair of platforms, a mini that shows off the gams I work every day to maintain, or a top that is subtly suggestive with some shoulder action... just not all at the same time!

At any rate, I've always found Audrey Hepburn to be the epitome of grace and stylishness. In fact, each and every dorm room I ever inhabited displayed a different poster from one of her films. While I love, love, love the most iconic imagery of Miss Hepburn-- you know the Breakfast at Tiffany's shot to which I refer-- I love finding new images of her. It's as if I will never run out of inspiration in this one incredible woman because there is no end to the photos and books and films that focus on her. Without further ado, I present to you the woman who convinced me that class is always in style.

 (As a self-proclaimed "city girl," this image particularly resonates with me.)
Images via CafePress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment