Monday, July 26, 2010

Lucky Magazine: August 2010

Isn't she beautiful? Well, yes, the girl-- but I'm talking about that bag!
I love Lucky Magazine. I've been pouring over her every word for nearly a decade now--I think it's getting serious. The interesting thing is... my personal style isn't always represented in Lucky. Some issues it seems as if every single piece of clothing, every lip color, every shoe, was chosen specifically with me in mind. Other times, I can't even imagine taking a second look at a single solitary item. Regardless, I love it and I look forward to its appearance in my mailbox each month.

Now...So, I mentioned (see: the cake) that my manfriend and I attended an engagement party last weekend. While we were sitting and chatting, a friend of the bride-to-be walked over to say her farewells... I was stopped mid-sentence by the incredible bag she was carrying. It was a small, ivory, almost-messenger back with these adorable and oh-so-preppy tassels. To. Die. For. Upon closer inspection, it looked as if it were pretty clearly a knock-off of a more expensive bag. I'm not what you'd call a label snob, but I do want things that are well-made. This had rings attaching the straps to the base of the bag that didn't close entirely, and hardware that looked as if it had been spray-painted. Up close, it was slightly disappointing, by I decided then and there to figure out who made the original and if I could ever, in my wildest dreams, afford it.

Lo and behold, I am flipping through Lucky Magazine and BAM! There it is. Designed by Coach (according to the photo). By this I gather that it is expensive, but not "keep dreaming, you-sorry-Chanel-wannabe" expensive. I am overjoyed.

That was four days ago. Here I am, a week after the original sighting, and I've spent nearly 48 hours trying to locate a retailer online who carries this unbelievable bag. Would you believe I can't find it anywhere? Not even the Coach website! I've googled, I've shopstyled, I even went directly to the Lucky website. Nadda.

I'm slightly heartsick. (In the way you can only be over a handbag, not a legitimately heartbreaking occurrence, of course.) Do you think I could place one of those "missed opportunity" ads on craigslist?

No comments:

Post a Comment