Friday, March 26, 2010

About a Girl.

When I graduated from college last May, I assumed I would stroll through the gates of our green and gated campus, entering the "real world" with a diploma and a crystal-clear vision of what the future would entail...

...my road map must have gotten lost in the mail, because I still haven't seen it and I have no idea where I'm headed. Despite this, I'm learning a lot about myself, including a few things I probably should have already known. For example, I love to write. I also really enjoy design-- fashion, interior, graphic, you name it. Here's another little tidbit-- I don't have much of an adventurous side. I don't mean in the "exciting sports" sense of the word, but more along the lines of, "How on earth could I want to become an interior designer?" sense.

Perhaps it's my small-town background, perhaps it's a fear of disappointing my parents (I'm an only child and a recovering goodie two-shoes, to boot), but I'm learning to embrace myself for who I am. One tiny step at a time.

That's where you come in, blogging friends. It is my sincere hope that this blog will serve as a teeny, tiny toe-dip into the ocean of my professional future. I promise to provide you with entertainment-- beautiful photos, designs, shoes, and the like-- if you'll just give me a chance to ride without my training wheels. We get one chance at this life, and I'd like to make the most of mine-- even if I have to learn to break the rules to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment